What is a full mouth reconstruction?
Perhaps you have a few teeth or dentures and it is difficult to eat or you are ashamed to laugh out loud because your false teeth will fall out…we can help!
A full mouth reconstruction with dental implants, what we call and all on 4, 5 or 6 is a new way to replace dentures or replace a whole arch of teeth on either the lower or upper jaws.
The All-on-4 dental implants technique is an internationally approved dental procedure in which the implant dentist sets four strategically placed dental implants and then anchors a (typically 12 unit) dental bridge on the dental implants. The dental bridge, once secured to the dental implants won’t slip or drop like dentures and there is no need for the use of denture glue ever.
Not everyone is a candidate for the all-on-4 dental implants plus a crown bridge, therefore an expert consultation is required to determine your suitability for this type of dental treatment.
The cost of all-on-4 implants with Smile Clinic is about half the price as all-on-4 implants in other European countries.
Unlike most dental clinics, we offer all ceramic (zirconia – metal free) 12 tooth bridgework and implant abutments included with “all on 4” dental implant cases.
The “all on 4” dental implant method is usually done in 3 short visits over the space of 4-5 months for healing. A temporary denture is fitted during the healing time, or if you have an existing denture, it can be modified for use during the healing period. The guarantee on this type of dental work with us is for life concerning the dental implants and 5 years for the porcelain bridgework.
Contact us for a free quote. And…our consultation and x-rays are free too!
How many visits will the all on 4 take?
During the first visit, the patient receives the dental implants and is fitted with a temporary bridge or denture. This temporary prosthesis is only meant to last a few months and should be treated with great care to avoid damage.
The patient will use this temporary prosthesis during the osseointegration stage where the implants fuse to the jawbone. The patient returns after 4-6 months of healing to receive the permanent fixed bridge, which is generally acrylic. Porcelain or zirconia bridges are also available at an increased cost.
Patients should consider the dental treatment All on 4 because of the following advantages:
- Less expensive than traditional dental implant techniques that use more implants.
- An ideal treatment for patients with jaw bone loss.
- Unlike removable dentures, a fixed denture or bridge is fixed in place and does not slip or come loose. There is no need to remove the fixed denture for cleaning.
- Reduced treatment and recovery time.
- Implants can be placed on the same day as tooth extraction.
Here are some of the disadvantages reported by patients:
- An All on 4 is not a fully customized solution.
- If only four dental implants are placed, the failure of a single implant can delay the placement of the final permanent prosthesis.
- Patients who have never worn dentures report temporary discomfort when fitted with the fixed dentures. This discomfort lasts only a few days while the patient gets accustomed to the fit of the denture.
- Patients also report that the denture may feel bulky at first and may cause problems with speaking as they adjust to the newly fixed denture. This adjustment period lasts only a few days.
All on 4 dental implant costs:
4 x €820 (implants plus abutments) = €3280
12 x €330 (crown bridgework) = €3960
Total = €7240
How much in total for all on 4 dental implants? = €7240
This is the price per jaw, so if you need both the upper and lower jaws treating with the “all on 4” dental implant system, then you’d need to times that price by 2, which would be €14480
The number of visits needed would be 3 one day visits, even if both jaws need doing, as we can do each jaw on each visit at the same time.
We ask for 60% of the total treatment cost once we start treatment with you and the remaining 40% on the last visit.
Of course, you can pay more on visits 1 and 2 to spread out the costs better, but before we start each part of your dental treatment we consider these payments as deposits towards your overall all on 4 dental implants and crowns treatment.
Having the “all on 4” with Smile Clinic is the least expensive way of having a full set of teeth again, and much less expensive than in other European countries.
Our dentists have been well trained in the “all on 4” dental implants system through years of courses in Germany and experience in doing the “all on 4” dental implant system on over 3000 patients who came to our clinic for this type of dental treatment over the past 9 years.
I hope that helps you decide for us! If you have any questions, please contact us for a free quote and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Soon you’ll be on your way to enjoying food, fun and the smile you’ve always wanted.
Reviewed by Dr Marek Salka.